Planked Salmon with Grilled Tomato Salsa
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish, skin side down, in a shallow dish. For rub, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle rub evenly over salmon; rub in with your fingers. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Wet both sides of a cedar grill plank under running water.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Place fish, skin side down, on cedar grill plank. Place plank in center of grill rack. Cover and grill for 18 to 22 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place plank on grill rack over the burner that is turned off. Grill as directed.)
- To serve, cut salmon into four or six pieces. Slide a spatula between the fish and skin to release pieces from plank. Serve with Grilled Tomato Salsa.
Grilled Tomato Salsa
- In a large bowl combine 2 cups red cherry tomatoes, 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes, 1/4 cup sliced garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil, and 2 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme. Transfer tomato mixture to a grill basket. For a charcoal grill, grill tomato mixture in basket on the rack of an uncovered grill over medium coals about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are softened and slightly charred but still retain their shape, stirring occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place tomatoes in basket on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as directed.) Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Planked Salmon with Grilled Tomato Salsa)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 96 mg chol. ,
- 757 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.
Brenda Fiedler 1503 Days Ago
I was thinking the exact same thing. Someone must have made an oops....this would have been good this evening.
Anonymous 1561 Days Ago
This looks good, but I'd like the sub-recipe for the tomatoes.