Planked Salmon with Cucumber-Dill Sauce
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place fish, skin side down, in a shallow dish. For rub, in a small bowl stir together brown sugar, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle rub evenly over salmon; rub in with your fingers. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
- Wet both sides of a cedar grill plank under running water.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Place fish, skin side down, on cedar grill plank. Carefully place plank in center of grill rack. Cover and grill for 18 to 22 minutes or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust heat for indirect cooking. Place plank on grill rack over the burner that is turned off. Grill as directed.)
- To serve, cut salmon into four to six pieces. Slide a spatula between the fish and skin to release pieces from plank. Serve with Cucumber-Dill Sauce.
- In a small bowl stir together finely chopped cucumber, yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, and horseradish. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Planked Salmon with Cucumber-Dill Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 314 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 96 mg chol. ,
- 757 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.