Pizza Bread with Arugula Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
- Prepare Pizza Bread Dough as directed. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 Tbsp. olive oil and the 1 minced clove garlic. Place tomato slices on parchment paper; brush both sides of slices with oil mixture. Sprinkle tomatoes with coarse salt and cracked black pepper. Roast, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and beginning to brown. Remove from oven; cool tomatoes in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- For arugula pesto, in a food processor combine the next nine ingredients (through the 1/4 tsp. pepper). Cover and process with several on/off pulses until a paste forms, stopping several times to scrape the sides.
- Bake Pizza Bread Dough 8 minutes. Remove from oven; spread arugula pesto onto the dough. Top with roasted tomatoes; sprinkle with the 2 Tbsp. Romano cheese. Bake 7 to 8 minutes more or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool 15 minutes on wire racks. Serve warm or at room temperature.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan once or twice to avoid burning.
Pizza Bread Dough
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F), and yeast. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 8 hours to ferment. Stir in 1 cup warm water (105 degrees F to 115 degrees F) and salt. Gradually stir in just enough of 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour to make a dough that pulls away from side of bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes total). Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in a warm place until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Grease a 12-inch pizza pan. Place dough in pan; using oiled hands, press dough to edges of pan. Brush with oil. Use the tips of your fingers to make indentations in the surface of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Pizza Bread with Arugula Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes)
- Per serving:
- 280 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 465 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g pro.