Pistachio-Cranberry Icebox Cookies
- In a large bowl beat butter with a mixer on medium to high 30 seconds. Add the sugar, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt. Beat 3 minutes or until light and fluffy, scraping bowl as needed. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in pistachios and cranberries. If needed, use your hands to knead dough until smooth.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into an 8 1/2-inch roll. Wrap each in plastic wrap or waxed paper; chill dough until firm enough to slice (about 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Use a serrated knife to cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices.* Place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are firm and just starting to brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute. Remove; cool on wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
For nice round slices, rotate log while cutting to prevent flattening. (If dough gets too soft to slice, freeze briefly until it is firm enough to slice.)
Nutrition Facts (Pistachio-Cranberry Icebox Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 44 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 10 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.