- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese and butter. Add flour and salt, mix well. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for one minute. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan combine pineapple and cornstarch. Add sugar, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in macadamia nuts and coconut. Remove from heat, cover until ready to use.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough out to a 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out dough pieces with a 4-inch round cookie cutter. Rerolling scraps as needed. Spoon about 2 tablespoons filling on the bottom half of each dough circle. Fold dough over the filling and pinch edges with a fork. Transfer to baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine egg and water. Brush tops of empanadas with egg wash and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Jennifer Brothen 775 Days Ago
8 oz cream cheese,3/4 cup butter softened, 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, 1/2cup shredded coconut, 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice ,1 tablespoon water..there i think that is right ..saw this same recipe on face book...happy baking everyone..hope this helps...
Sheavon Trenkler 775 Days Ago
what does 8 cream cheese mean
Sue Schumacher 846 Days Ago
Have you looked into the quantities yet? I really want to make these empanadas, but without the quantities of the ingredients, it's impossible!!!
Sue Schumacher 859 Days Ago
What are the quantities of the ingredients? You have to know how much flour, butter, etc. I have been looking for an empanada recipe forever, and now that I've found one, it's unusable!
Shelagh Mayhew 860 Days Ago
No measured instructions for ingredients !