Recipes and Cooking Mint Chocolate Chip Cake 4.1 (26) Add your rating & review No time to bake? This festive and refreshing Mint Chocolate Chip Cake dessert features mint ice cream in a cookie crust. It's remarkably easy and great for entertaining. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Scott Little Prep Time: 30 mins Chill Time: 1 hrs Freeze Time: 8 hrs Stand Time: 10 mins Total Time: 9 hrs 40 mins Servings: 10 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ⅓ cup butter, melted ¼ cup sugar 1 ½ cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 25) 1 quart mint chocolate chip ice cream 1 cup coarsely crushed peppermint sticks or candy canes (about 5 ounces) 1 cup chopped layered chocolate-mint candies (about 28) Directions In a medium bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in crushed chocolate wafers; toss to mix well. Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 8-inch springform pan. Or press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 1 hour. In a large chilled bowl, soften ice cream by using a wooden spoon to stir and press ice cream against the side of the bowl. Stir until soft but not melted. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peppermint sticks and 1/2 cup of the chocolate mint candies. Quickly spoon softened ice cream into the pan or pie plate. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or more. Sprinkle top with remaining peppermint sticks and mint candies. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight until firm. To serve, remove dessert from freezer. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Makes 10 servings. Tips Prepare as directed. Transfer to an airtight container; cover. Freeze up to 1 week. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 393 Calories 19g Fat 51g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 10 Calories 393 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19g 24% Saturated Fat 13g 65% Cholesterol 33mg 11% Sodium 175mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 51g 19% Protein 4g *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.