Tri-Berry Pie You can make this pretty lattice pie recipe any time of year with frozen berries--although come summer, fresh raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries yield tremendous results. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on May 11, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 30 mins Bake Time: 65 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 8 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients ½ cup sugar 3 tablespoon cornstarch 2 cup fresh or frozen red raspberries 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie Milk (optional) Sugar (optional) Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie 2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour ¾ teaspoon salt ⅔ cup shortening 8 tablespoon cold water Directions For filling, in a bowl, stir together the sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Gently toss berries until coated. (If using frozen fruit, let mixture stand for 45 minutes or until fruit is partially thawed but still icy.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare and roll out one portion of the Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Stir berry mixture. Transfer berry mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Trim bottom pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Lay half of the pastry strips over the filling at 1-inch intervals. Lay remaining pastry strips at 1-inch intervals perpendicular to the first strips. Fold the bottom pastry up over the pastry strip ends to seal; crimp edge. If desired, brush top pastry with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar. To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Place a foil-lined baking sheet on the rack below pie in oven. Bake for 30 minutes (or 50 minutes for frozen fruit). Remove foil. Bake pie for 35 to 40 minutes more or until filling is bubbly and pastry is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture, tossing with a fork and pushing moistened pastry to side of bowl after each addition. Divide pastry in half; form halves into balls. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 406 Calories 19g Fat 55g Carbs 5g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 406 % Daily Value * Total Fat 19g 24% Saturated Fat 7g 35% Cholesterol 15mg 5% Sodium 334mg 15% Total Carbohydrate 55g 20% Total Sugars 18g Protein 5g Vitamin C 15.9mg 80% Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 2.3mg 13% Potassium 155mg 3% Fatty acids, total trans 2g Folate, total 88.7mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.