Toffee-Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil. Press the Ginger Crumb Crust evenly and firmly onto bottom of the prepared pan; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves. Add eggs; beat lightly with a fork until combined. Gradually add half-and-half; stir just until combined. Pour filling into crust-lined pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle top with toffee pieces and pecans. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift the baked mixture out of the pan. Cut into bars. Cover and chill within 2 hours. If desired, drizzle with caramel topping just before serving. Makes 32 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Do not freeze.
Ginger Crumb Crust
- In a medium bowl, combine gingersnaps, sugar, and flour. Add butter and stir until well combined.