Strudel Triangles with Brandied Apples
- For crumb mixture, combine graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar; set aside.
- Cut phyllo sheets in half crosswise. Spray the phyllo halves with cooking spray. Spread one-fourth of the crumb mixture on a phyllo half. Top with another phyllo half and another one-fourth of the crumb mixture; repeat with remaining phyllo halves and crumb mixture for a four-layer stack. Cut the stack into nine 2-3/4x4-inch rectangles. Cut each rectangle diagonally in half to form two triangles (18 total).
- Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Carefully place triangles on baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine. Stir in brown sugar. Stir in apple slices, 3 tablespoons of the caramel ice-cream topping, raisins, brandy, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, place a strudel triangle on each of six dessert plates. Divide half of the apple mixture among the plates, spooning it atop strudel triangles. Place a second triangle over apple mixture, with points going in different directions than the first triangle. Top with half of remaining apple mixture. Repeat with remaining triangles and apple mixture.
- Drizzle remaining caramel ice-cream topping over strudel triangles. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare strudel triangles; store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Strudel Triangles with Brandied Apples)
- Per serving:
- 173 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 5 mg chol. ,
- 136 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g pro.