Strawberry Ice Cream Tart
- Use an ice cream scoop to form 12 balls of ice cream. Place the ice cream balls on a large cold plate; store in the freezer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line an 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray. With fingers, press the cookie dough evenly in the foil-lined pan. Sprinkle almonds over the dough and press lightly into dough.
- In a bowl stir together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over dough. Bake about 20 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool completely in pan before gently lifting out.
- Meanwhile, wash strawberries and remove green caps. Slice large strawberries in half. Place strawberries in a bowl. Cover and chill.
- To assemble tart, stir ice cream topping into strawberries. Gently peel foil from crust. Carefully place crust on serving tray. Quickly transfer ice cream scoops from freezer to crust, alternating strawberry and vanilla, if using both kinds of ice cream. Spoon some of the strawberry mixture on top. If desired, sprinkle with coconut. Cut tart into 12 pieces. Serve immediately. Pass remaining strawberry mixture to spoon on top of each serving. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Banana Split Ice Cream Tart:
Prepare tart as directed, except use vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice creams. Substitute a sliced banana for half of the strawberries. Top each serving with bananas and strawberries, your favorite fudge sauce, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries.
Individual Ice Cream Tarts:
Bake the refrigerated cookies as directed on the package, topping each one with some sliced almonds and sugar-cinnamon mixture before baking. To serve, top each cookie with a scoop of strawberry or vanilla ice cream, the strawberries, and a spoon or two of whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Ice Cream Tart)
- Per serving:
- 282 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 19 mg chol. ,
- 193 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g pro.