Strawberry-Fudge Mud Pie
- In a medium bowl stir together the crushed wafers and melted margarine or butter. Turn the chocolate crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Spread crumb mixture evenly in pie plate. Press on bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust. Chill about 1 hour until firm.
- In a medium mixing bowl soften chocolate or coffee-flavored ice cream, using a wooden spoon to stir and press against side of bowl. Spread softened chocolate or coffee-flavored ice cream evenly atop cookie crust; sprinkle with toasted almonds. Freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- In a clean bowl soften strawberry ice cream as described above. Remove pie from freezer and spread strawberry ice cream atop almond layer. Return to freezer.
- In a small saucepan heat and stir the fudge topping just until heated through. Cool the topping slightly. Remove the pie from the freezer and drizzle the top of pie with fudge topping in a lacy design. Return to freezer immediately. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature about 10 minutes. Garnish pie with whipped cream and whole strawberries, if desired. For easier slicing, place pie plate atop a warm, wet towel. Slice the pie and serve immediately. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For this versatile pie, you can vary the flavors of ice cream and ice-cream topping.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry-Fudge Mud Pie)
- Per serving:
- 339 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 258 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g pro.