- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. In bowl combine raw sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Brush melted butter over crust. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of cinnamon-sugar mixture. Set aside.
- For syrup, in saucepan combine brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, the water, corn syrup, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil gently for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 tsp. vanilla. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl beat 1/4 cup softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in granulated sugar, powdered sugar, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar until well combined. Beat in egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. Gradually beat in milk until combined. Beat in flour. Spread evenly in crust-lined pie plate.
- Slow pour syrup over the filling in pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cover edges of pie with foil.
- Bake pie 25 minutes; carefully remove foil. Bake about 20 minutes more or until top is puffed and golden brown, and a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm. Makes 10 servings.
Pastry for a Single-Crust Pie
- In a medium bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time (1/4 to 1/3 cup total), until flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
Nutrition Facts (Snickerdoodle Pie)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 49 mg chol. ,
- 289 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 4 g pro.
Virginia Louden 1021 Days Ago
So, I just had to tell you this. I needed pie recipes to bake for my friend who was bringing them to a local charity bake sale yesterday, supporting local abused women & children. One of the 3 I chose to bake was this Snickerdoodle Pie recipe. I had never made it before but it looked good. Apparently, the pie sold for $100 and the person who bought it reached out to my friend and said that it was the best pie she had ever eaten. Thank you so much BHG! Your recipes are the best. <3 Ginny (www.gofundme.com/foodwithlove)