Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie
- Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim; crimp edge as desired.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add apple slices and gently toss until coated. Transfer apple mixture to the pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle Crumb Topping over apple mixture.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until top is golden. Remove from oven; sprinkle pie with pecans, then drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on a wire rack. Makes 8 servings.
- Stir together brown sugar, flour, and rolled oats. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter or margarine until the topping mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
- In a bowl stir together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Using 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water total, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time over the flour mixture, tossing with a fork until all of the dough is moistened. Form dough into a ball.
Nutrition Facts (Crunchy Caramel Apple Pie)
- Per serving:
- 554 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 260 mg sodium ,
- 81 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 5 g pro.
Michelle Robertson 1999 Days Ago
This pie is AWE SOME and easy to make. When I make black berry cobbler I use the topping to put on top. yummy!!!