Chocolate Pecan Pie with Kahlua
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry for Single-Crust Pie. On a lightly floured surface, use your hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Ease pastry into pie plate without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge as desired. Do not prick pastry. Sprinkle with the 3/4 cup chocolate pieces.
- For filling, in a medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, coffee liqueur, flour, and vanilla. Stir in the 1 cup chopped pecans. Slowly pour filling over chocolate pieces in crust, spreading evenly.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 10 minutes more or until edge is puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill within 2 hours.
- If desired, prepare Coffee Whipped Cream before serving. Garnish pie with the melted chocolate and the pecan halves. Spoon the whipped cream on top of each serving (if using). Makes 8 servings.
Coffee Whipped Cream
- In a small bowl, combine whipping cream and coffee liqueur. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
Pastry for Single-crust Pie
- In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening until pieces are pea-size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon cold water over part of flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push to side of bowl. Repeat with additional cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time (4 to 5 tablespoons total), until all is moistened. Shape into a ball.
Tina Bechtold 1760 Days Ago
I have been making the kahula pecan pie for over 20 years.It is our annual pie for Thanksgiving. Somewhere along the way I started adding chocolate because everyone loves chocolate! It was good before , now it is amazing.