- In a large bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add blueberries, raspberries, and cherries and toss to coat. Let stand for 45 minutes or until fruit starts to thaw.
- Meanwhile, cut four 6-inch circles from the pie crusts, reserving scraps of pastry. Press the pastry circles into pie plates. Spoon fruit mixture into each pie plate. Trim pastry even with edges of pie plates. If desired, press pastry edges with the tines of a fork to decorate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Use small cookie cutters to cut shapes and letters from pastry scraps. Place pastry cutouts on top of fruit mixture in pie plates. Brush cutouts with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar. Arrange pie plates in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Cover the pies loosely with a sheet of foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 minutes more or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Remove and cool in pan on a wire rack. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
* Make recipe 2x to have enough for a party with 8 guests.