Berry Slab Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. On a lightly floured surface, roll thawed puff pastry into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Halve any large berries. Add berries to sugar mixture; gently toss to coat.
- Spoon berry mixture onto one crosswise half of the prepared puff pastry, spreading evenly to 1 inch from the edges. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and the water. Brush some of the egg mixture on the uncovered edges of the pastry.
- Fold over the uncovered pastry half to enclose the fruit. Using a fork, firmly press together edges of top and bottom pastry to create a seal. Brush the top of the pastry with egg mixture and, if desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut 2 to 3 slits in pastry top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer to a wire rack; cool. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Store the baked and cooled pie in a single layer in an airtight container, then refrigerate for up to 1 day. Or freeze for up to 4 months.
Nutrition Facts (Berry Slab Pie)
- Per serving:
- 116 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 43 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.