Apple Pie Pops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook apples, the 1/4 cup sugar, the 1 tsp. apple pie spice, the lemon juice, and salt over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until apples are nearly tender, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water until smooth. Add to apple mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and well combined. Mixture will thicken quickly.
- Unroll pie crusts. On a lightly floured surface, roll each crust to a 12-inch circle. Using a 3-inch round or leaf cutter, make 10 cutouts in each circle of dough.
- Arrange 10 of the cutouts on the prepared baking sheet. Press a lollipop stick firmly into the center of each dough cutout. Spoon a scant tablespoon of filling in the center of each cutout. You will have leftover filling.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg white and 1 tsp. water until frothy. Use a pastry brush or your fingers to brush mixture around the edge of each dough shape. Place a second cutout of dough on top of the filling. Use a fork to seal the edges, taking care that dough is sealed around lollipop stick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and remaining 1 tsp. water. Brush atop pie pops. In a small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp. sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice. Sprinkle over pops.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool on the baking sheet. makes 10 pops.
Nutrition Facts (Apple Pie Pops)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 196 mg sodium ,
- 36 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
the.amyola 30 Days Ago
Easy peasy! Used this recipe to make half-moon "Apple Pie Pockets" instead of pops. Used 2 large Granny Smith apples, and a 4" biscuit cutter to make 15 "pockets". Did not need to add cornstarch to apples. Everything else was the same, browned in abt. 17 mins.