Recipes and Cooking Pickled Three-Bean Salad Be the first to rate & review! If you like bean salad, this is a great canning recipe that allows you to keep it on your shelf all year long! By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on July 23, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 45 mins Process Time: 15 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 30 mins Servings: 28 Yield: 10 half-pints Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 cup water 8 ounce dried black-eyed peas (1 1/4 cups)*, rinsed 12 ounce fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (3 1/2 cups) 1 ¾ cup cider vinegar 1 ½ cup sugar 1 ½ cup water ¾ cup bottled lemon juice ½ cup olive oil 1 teaspoon salt 1 ½ cup frozen shelled edamame (sweet soybeans) 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, chopped (3/4 cup) 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (1/2 cup) 2 cloves garlic, minced Directions In a large pot bring 4 cups water and black-eyed peas to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. In the large pot bring 4 cups fresh water to boiling. Add green beans. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. In the large pot stir together vinegar, sugar, 1 1/2 cups water, lemon juice, oil, and salt. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in black-eyed peas, green beans, edamame, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic. Return to boiling; remove from heat. Ladle solids into ten hot sterilized half-pint or five pint canning jars (see tips, page xx), leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Add hot liquid to jars, maintaining 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and adjust lids and screw bands. Process in a boiling-water canner for 15 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. * Or use two 15-oz. cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 35 Calories 1g Fat 5g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 28 Calories 35 % Daily Value * Total Fat 1g 1% Sodium 34mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 5g 2% Total Sugars 3g Protein 1g Vitamin C 15mg 75% Calcium 22mg 2% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 118mg 3% Folate, total 45.9mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.