- In a medium bowl tint 2 cups of the Creamy White Frosting with green food coloring to make a grass color. Place frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a star tip or multiopening (grass) tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes to resemble grass.
- For baseballs, in a small microwave-safe bowl microwave white candy coating on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Stir; microwave for 30 to 60 seconds more or until melted, stirring once. Using a fork, dip the doughnut holes, one at a time, into melted candy coating, turning to coat completely. Place on waxed paper until set.
- Tint remaining 3/4 cup frosting red. Place frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a round tip. Pipe Xs onto doughnut holes to resemble the stitching on baseballs. Place a doughnut hole on each cupcake.
From the Test Kitchen
Soccer Ball Cupcakes:
Prepare as directed above, except omit red frosting. Soften a log-shape chocolate caramel candy in the microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 5 seconds. Use a rolling pin to flatten softened candy. Cut out small squares using aspic cutters; arrange squares on coated doughnut holes, using white frosting to secure.
Nutrition Facts per soccer ball or basketball cupcake: 495 calories, 4 g protein, 66 g carbohydrate, 24 g total fat, (10 g sat. fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 5% Vitamin A, 1% Vitamin C, 165 mg sodium, 7% calcium, 5% iron.
Prepare as directed above, except substitute orange candy coating disks for the white candy coating disks, omit the red frosting, and use a tube of chocolate icing to pipe lines onto coated doughnut holes to resemble basketballs.
Nutrition Facts (Pick-a-Sport Cupcakes)
- Per serving:
- 500 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 168 mg sodium ,
- 66 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 54 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.