Pesto Chicken Phyllo Straws
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl stir together the chicken, pesto, and Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- With a very sharp knife cut the stack of phyllo sheets in half crosswise to make 40 rectangles (9x7 inches). Lightly brush one of the phyllo sheets with some of the melted butter. (Keep the remaining phyllo sheets covered with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.)
- For each straw, sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the filling in a strip 1/2 inch from one of the long sides of the phyllo rectangle. Sprinkle filling with 1 teaspoon of the Monterey Jack cheese. Tightly roll up phyllo. Place straw, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheet; brush straw with a little more butter. Repeat with the remaining phyllo rectangles, filling, and cheese.*
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until straws are golden brown and crisp. Serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, loosely cover straws with plastic wrap. Cover and chill for up to 8 hours. Bake as directed.
Nutrition Facts (Pesto Chicken Phyllo Straws)
- Per serving:
- 81 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 139 mg sodium ,
- 3 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.