Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir unsweetened chocolate and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Grease foil; set pan aside.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in peppermint extract. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; stir flour mixture into chocolate mixture just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes more or just until marshmallows are softened. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Drizzle melted semisweet chocolate over cooled brownies. Let stand until chocolate is set. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into about 21/2x1-inch bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Peppermint Marshmallow Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 172 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 84 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.