- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium saucepan heat and stir white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in butter until melted. Whisk in the granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, and peppermint extract until smooth. Stir in the flour until combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until top is light brown and sides begin to pull away from pan. Immediately sprinkle semisweet chocolate pieces evenly over bars. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread White Chocolate-Peppermint Frosting evenly over cooled bars. If desired, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
White Chocolate-Peppermint Frosting
- In a small saucepan heat and stir white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Set aside until lukewarm. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and half of the powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, peppermint extract, and the salt until combined. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar. Beat in the melted white chocolate until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Peppermint Blondies)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 94 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.