Pecan Pie Slices
- In a food processor combine flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until combined. Add butter, vanilla, and maple flavoring (if using). Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until dough forms a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl. Set aside one-third of the dough. Add pecans and cinnamon to remaining dough in food processor. Cover and pulse with several on/off turns until combined.
- Shape pecan dough into a 9-inch log. Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until dough is easy to handle. Meanwhile, cover and chill the remaining one-third of the dough until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the one-third dough portion into a 9x5-inch rectangle. Place chilled pecan dough log on a long edge of the dough rectangle. Carefully roll up dough to enclose the log, pinching edges of dough to seal. Cover and freeze about 10 minutes or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut log into about 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Brush slices with egg white and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm and cookies are set. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan Pie Slices)
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 46 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.