Pecan Crunch Biscotti
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet melt the 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans. Cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add granulated sugar; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar begins to melt and nuts are toasted. Transfer mixture to prepared cookie sheet; cool. When cool, place nuts in a sturdy resealable plastic bag; seal. Crush nut mixture in bag with a rolling pin; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Discard foil on cookie sheet. Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl beat the 1/3 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, honey, and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the candied pecans.
- Shape dough into a ball. (Dough may be crumbly at first, but will cling together when worked with your hands.) Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 9-inch-long roll. Place rolls 4 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet; slightly flatten each roll to 2-1/2 inches wide.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on cookie sheet for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 12 to 15 minutes more or until dry and crisp. Transfer to wire racks; cool.
- Dip top of each cookie into Browned Butter Glaze; let excess drip down cookie. Place cookies on waxed paper; let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unglazed cookies between pieces of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Browned Butter Glaze
- In a small saucepan heat butter over low heat until melted. Continue heating until butter turns a light brown. Remove from heat; set aside. In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of the milk, and the vanilla. Add browned butter; stir until combined. Add enough additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a glaze of dipping consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan Crunch Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 245 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 123 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 23 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.