Pecan and Cherry-Topped Brie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. If necessary, roll pastry into a 9-inch square. Using a sharp knife or a pastry wheel, cut pastry into 1-1/2-inch squares. Place pastry squares 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Lightly brush egg mixture onto pastry squares. In another small bowl combine salt, thyme, and pepper. Sprinkle mixture over pastry squares.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine pecans, dried cherries, and honey. Place cheese on a serving platter. Top cheese with some of the pecan mixture. Serve with warm pastry squares. Pass the remaining pecan mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Hazelnut- and Apricot-Topped Brie:
Prepare as directed, except substitute chopped hazelnuts (filberts) or almonds for the pecans, snipped dried apricots for the dried cherries, and apricot preserves for the honey.
Nutrition Facts (Pecan and Cherry-Topped Brie )
- Per serving:
- 359 kcal ,
- 25 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 55 mg chol. ,
- 364 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.