Peanutty Fruit and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a medium bowl combine oats, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat 2 minutes more until mixture is smooth. Add egg; beat for 1 minute. Reduce mixer speed to low; blend in the oat mixture, mixing only until it disappears into the dough. Using a sturdy spatula, stir in chocolate and dried cranberries.
- Divide dough in half; wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
- Position oven racks to divide oven into thirds; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Working with one half of the dough at a time, shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls about an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets, pressing down gently into rounds.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes until just firm around the edges, rotating the baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back at the halfway point. Remove baking sheets from oven; let rest for 2 minutes. Carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack. They will firm as they cool. Repeat with remaining dough, always starting with a cool baking sheet.
- Serve with strawberry ice cream, if desired.
From the Test Kitchen
For standard size cookies
Shape dough into 1- to 1 1/4-inch balls. Place balls of dough about 2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets, pressing down gently into rounds. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until just firm around the edges. Cool as directed. Makes about 45 cookies.
Nutrition Facts (Peanutty Fruit and Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 31 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 14 mg sodium ,
- 4 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.