Peanut Butter Truffles
- Butter the sides of a medium heavy saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to medium; continue boiling at a moderate, steady rate for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in marshmallows, peanut butter, and vanilla. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Chill for 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thick and can be molded.
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip balls, one at a time, into chocolate mixture. Let excess chocolate mixture drip off balls. Place on a wire rack set over waxed paper. If desired, sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set.*
From the Test Kitchen
If desired, when dark chocolate is set, drizzle with a little melted milk chocolate. Let stand until milk chocolate is set.
Prepared as directed. Layer truffles between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; seal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter Truffles)
- Per serving:
- 121 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 36 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.