Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over ends of pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and salt. Add melted butter and vanilla; stir until mixture is evenly moist. Press cookie mixture firmly and evenly over bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is firm. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, milk and pudding mixes until combined (mixture will be stiff). Fold in one-fourth of the whipped topping and the 1 cup peanuts. Spoon peanut butter mixture evenly over crust; spread evenly. Cover and chill for for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave melt dipping chocolate according to package directions; transfer to a medium bowl. Fold together melted dipping chocolate and the remaining whipped topping until combined.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the peanut butter layer. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, lift uncut squares from pan using foil. Cut into squares. If desired, garnish each serving with a peanut butter cup and/or peanuts.
From the Test Kitchen
Find dipping chocolate in the baking aisle of your supermarket.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares)
- Per serving:
- 413 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 26 mg chol. ,
- 381 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 26 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.