Peanut Butter-Chocolate Granola Bars
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil. Coat foil with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan combine the next five ingredients (through honey). Heat and stir over medium heat just until peanut butter and brown sugar are melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the the next five ingredients (through chia seeds). Stir to combine. Pour agave syrup mixture over oat mixture. Stir to combine.
- Press oat mixture into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate pieces over the top. Press chocolate pieces firmly into oat mixture. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set (bars will get firm while cooling). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
From the Test Kitchen
To toast oats, spread oats in a 15x10-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F 10 to 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice.
Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter-Chocolate Granola Bars)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 3 mg chol. ,
- 135 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.