Peanut Butter Blossom Cheesecake
- Allow cream cheese and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl stir together 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peanuts and flour. Stir in melted butter until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom and 1-1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Pour cream cheese mixture over crust, spreading evenly.
- Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a 2-1/2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pan; cool cheesecake completely on wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, in a chilled medium mixing bowl beat 2 tablespoons peanut butter on medium speed just until smooth. Add whipping cream, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spread whipped cream over top of cheesecake. Garnish with chocolate Kisses and, if desired, chopped peanuts.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed through Step 3. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Before serving, continue with Step 4.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter Blossom Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 598 kcal ,
- 46 g fat
- (22 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 145 mg chol. ,
- 375 mg sodium ,
- 38 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 28 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.