Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spirals
- In a large bowl stir together peanut butter cookie dough and flour until combined. Divide dough in half. In another large bowl stir together sugar cookie dough and cocoa powder until combined. Divide dough in half.
- Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll one portion of the peanut butter dough into a 12x6-inch rectangle. Repeat, using a portion of sugar cookie dough. Remove the top sheets of waxed paper. Invert one rectangle on top of the other; press together gently to seal. Remove the remaining sheet of waxed paper. Tightly roll up rectangle, starting from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make another roll.
- If desired, roll dough in peanuts to coat. Wrap each roll in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Chill about 3 hours or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut rolls into 1/4-inch slices. Place slices 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead:
Prepare and roll up dough as directed. Wrap and chill rolls for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month. Before baking, thaw frozen dough in the refrigerator about 3 hours. Slice and bake dough as directed.
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter and Chocolate Spirals)
- Per serving:
- 63 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 2 mg chol. ,
- 43 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.