Recipes and Cooking Peanut Baklava 3.5 (4) 1 Review Embrace Middle Eastern culture with this surprisingly simple baklava recipe. Flaky phyllo dough is layered with chopped peanuts, honey, and butter. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 6, 2013 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 45 mins Bake Time: 35 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 20 mins Servings: 32 Yield: 32 to 48 pieces Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 3 cup peanuts, finely chopped* 1 ½ cup sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ¾ cup butter, melted 20 sheets (14x9-inch rectangles) frozen phyllo dough, thawed ¾ cup water 3 tablespoon honey 2 inch stick cinnamon Directions Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium bowl stir together peanuts, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the ground cinnamon; set aside. Brush the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with some of the melted butter. Unroll phyllo dough. Place one sheet of phyllo in the prepared baking pan. (While you work, keep the remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out). Brush phyllo sheet generously with some of the melted butter. Layer four more phyllo sheets in the pan, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Sprinkle with about 1 cup of the nut mixture. Repeat layering phyllo sheets and sprinkling with nut mixture two more times, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Layer the remaining five phyllo sheets on top of filling, brushing each sheet with melted butter. Drizzle with any remaining melted butter. Using a sharp knife, cut layers into 32 to 48 diamond-, rectangle-, or square-shape pieces. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan stir together the remaining 1 cup sugar, the water, honey, and stick cinnamon. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove stick cinnamon. Pour honey mixture evenly over slightly cooled baklava; cool completely. *Tip: Make the task easier by using your food processor to finely chop the nuts in batches. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 182 Calories 12g Fat 18g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 32 Calories 182 % Daily Value * Total Fat 12g 15% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 11mg 4% Sodium 73mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 18g 7% Total Sugars 12g Protein 4g Calcium 11mg 1% Iron 0.6mg 3% Potassium 98mg 2% Folate, total 26.3mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.