- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Pastry. For filling, combine sugar, flour, spices and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add fruit; toss. Transfer to pastry-lined pie plate. Drizzle with lime juice. Trim pastry. Roll remaining pastry into a 12-inch circle. Cut slits in pastry; place on filling. Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge; fold under bottom pastry. Crimp edge. Combine egg white and 1 tablespoon water. Brush over pie. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon coarse sugar. Cover edge with foil. Place pie on middle oven rack with a foil-lined baking sheet on rack below. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil from pie; bake 25 minutes more or until filling is bubbly. Cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- In bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour and 1 teaspoon salt. Cut in 3/4 cup shortening until pieces are pea size. Using 1/2 to 2/3 cup milk, sprinkle 1 tablespoon milk over mixture; toss with fork. Repeat 1 tablespoon at a time until moistened. Gather into a ball; knead gently. Divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Cover; set aside.
Pastry for Peach Mango Pie
- In a bowl combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle milk 1 tablespoon at a time over mixture, toss with fork, until moistened.
- Gather dough into a ball; knead gently. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Cover; set aside.
Nutrition Facts (Peach-Mango Pie)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 1 mg chol. ,
- 380 mg sodium ,
- 73 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 40 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
ALR7386179DW 91 Days Ago
Okay so, my 11 year old son baked this pie all in his own. He wanted to surprise his older brother who loves pies. It was DELICIOUS!!! We didn¿t have any peaches, so he used only mangoes. He cut up 2 whole mangoes. We were very surprised that a mango pie would be so good. I¿m actually going to have him bake two more because one was not enough! Awesome recipe.
stephanierogoff 132 Days Ago
I had never had mango in a pie before. This was absolutely delicious! A great summer send-off pie!
Suzanne Calce 909 Days Ago
can I freeze this pie or can I freeze just the filling?