Peach Graham Cracker Upside-Down Cake
- Generously coat a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add peaches to cooker. In a small saucepan combine the next three ingredients (through ginger). Cook and stir over medium-high heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour mixture over peaches; stir gently to coat.
- In a bowl combine milk and crushed graham cracker. In a large bowl beat together the 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter on medium until combined. Beat in egg. In a bowl stir together the next four ingredients (through nutmeg). Add half of the flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low until combined. Stir in graham cracker mixture. Beat in the remaining flour mixture just until combined.
- Spread batter over peach mixture in cooker. Cover top of slow cooker with foil; place lid on top. Cook on high for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of cake layer comes out clean, giving crockery liner a half turn halfway through cooking, if possible.
- Turn off cooker. If possible remove crockery liner from cooker; cool, covered, up to 1 hour on a wire rack before serving.
- To serve, remove lid and foil. To unmold cake, run a butter knife around edge of crockery liner. Place a large plate over the crockery liner. Using pot holders, carefully invert cake onto plate. Serve cake warm or at room temperature. If desired, top each serving with ice cream.
From the Test Kitchen
Peach-and-Cherry Graham Cracker Upside-Down Cake
Prepare as directed, except add 1/2 cup snipped dried cherries to cooker with the peaches and stir 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel into the flour mixture.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 528 cal., 6 g protein, 86 g carb., 19 g total fat (12 g sat. fat), 71 mg chol., 3 g dietary fiber, 466 mg sodium.
Nutrition Facts (Peach Graham Cracker Upside-Down Cake)
- Per serving:
- 503 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 71 mg chol. ,
- 465 mg sodium ,
- 78 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 48 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.