Pea Soup with Mint and Sour Cream
- In a large saucepan heat butter and oil over low heat. Add onion; cook about 10 minutes or until onion is soft but not brown, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add broth, 2 cups of the peas, and the mint. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. (Or cool soup slightly; carefully transfer half of the soup to a blender. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with the remaining soup. Return all of the soup to the saucepan.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining 1 cup peas. Heat through. Serve with sour cream.
From the Test Kitchen
If you puree the soup in a blender, cover the top with a dishtowel and hold the lid on tightly; this will allow steam to escape as you blend.
Icon: high fiber, gluten free, vegetarian
Nutrition Facts (Pea Soup with Mint and Sour Cream)
- Per serving:
- 215 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 19 mg chol. ,
- 1131 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.