Three Vegetable Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in the flour and pepper; add milk all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in the spinach, broccoli, carrot, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
- To assemble, in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole, layer one-third of the noodles, folding or cutting to fit as necessary. Spread with one-third of the cottage cheese mixture, then one-third of the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with one-third of the mozzarella. Repeat the layers 2 more times. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Substitute 6 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (12) for the lasagna noodles.
Increase milk to 2 cups and spread 1/2 cup of the vegetable mixture in the bottom of the dish before adding the first layer of noodles. Continue as above.
After assembling, cover the unbaked lasagna with foil and chill up to 48 hours. Bake, covered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts (Three Vegetable Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 78 mg chol. ,
- 388 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.