Prosciutto, Spinach, and Pasta Casserole
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain; rinse pasta with cold water. Drain again.
- In a large saucepan cook onion and garlic, covered, in hot margarine about 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and anise seeds. Add the milk and chicken broth all at once. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Stir in the cooked pasta, spinach, and prosciutto. Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand about 5 minutes. To serve, stir gently and top with chopped tomato. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Prosciutto, Spinach, and Pasta Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 277 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 16 mg chol. ,
- 645 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.
Melissa Eastman 1898 Days Ago
Had to meddle with this a great deal. That much pasta needs much more to make it truly flavorful. Used butter instead of margarine/spread for starters. Minced 2-3x more garlic into the mix. Doubled the parm to 1/2 cup then added another 1/4 cup after tasting. Chopped fresh spinach instead of using frozen. It's in the oven now. Will let you know how it all turns out. I LOVE all the ingredients so don't see how this can be anything but a success. Maybe it's one of those dishes that tastes better after a few days in the fridge?
Shellee Hogan 2112 Days Ago
There is no ingredients list for this recipe. Looks yummy and I want to try it. Please add the list.