Homemade Herb Pasta
- In a large mixing bowl stir together 2 cups of the flour, the herb and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together eggs, water, and oil. Add to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle kneading surface with the remaining flour. Turn dough out onto the floured surface. Knead until dough is smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes total). Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll each fourth into a 12-inch square (about 1/16 inch thick). Let dough stand for about 20 minutes or until slightly dry. Cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips.
- Or, if using a pasta machine, pass each fourth of dough through machine, according to manufacturers directions, until 1/16 inch thick. Cut as desired.
- Cook pasta in boiling lightly salted water for 1 to 3 minutes or just until tender. Drain well. Makes 1 pound fresh pasta (8 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
After cutting pasta, spread it on a wire rack or hang it from a pasta drying rack or clothes hanger. Let dry overnight or until completely dry. Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Or, seal dried pasta in a moisture-and vapor-proof plastic bag or container. Freeze for up to 8 months.
Nutrition Facts (Homemade Herb Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 146 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 53 mg chol. ,
- 150 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 5 g pro.