Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot olive oil over medium heat until onion is tender. Add tomato, salt, black pepper, and, if desired, red pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat about 2 minutes or until the tomato is warm and release some of its juices. Stir in arugula and/or spinach; heat just until greens are wilted.
- To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture; sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and cheese. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta with Chicken:
Prepare as above but stir 2 cups chopped deli roasted chicken into tomato mixture along with arugula.
Per 1-1/2 cups: 495 cal., 17 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 69 mg chol., 53 g carbo., 4 g fiber, 34 g pro.
Daily Values: 34% vit. A, 36% vit. C, 12% calcium, 23% iron
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 3 Starch, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 1/2 Lean Meat, 1/2 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Tomato and Arugula Pasta)
- Per serving:
- 362 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 6 mg chol. ,
- 424 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 13 g pro.