Cream-Sauced Pasta with Vegetables
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion and garlic in hot oil about 3 minutes or until nearly tender, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, squash, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables from skillet and add to pasta.
- Add whipping cream to skillet; bring to boiling. Boil gently for 5 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. To serve, pour cream mixture over pasta mixture; stir gently to coat. Stir in tomato. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Cream-Sauced Pasta with Sausage:
Prepare as above, except stir 9 ounces fully cooked Italian sausage links, cut into bite-sized pieces, into reduced sauce; heat through. Makes 5 servings.
Per 2 cups: 559 cal., 35 g total fat (16 g sat. fat), 106 mg chol., 4 mg sodium, 44 g carbo., 4 g fiber, 19 g pro.
Daily Values: 35% vit. A, 29% vit. C, 8% calcium, 21% iron
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Starch, 1 12 High-Fat Meat, 4 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Cream-Sauced Pasta with Vegetables)
- Per serving:
- 494 kcal ,
- 27 g fat
- (14 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 82 mg chol. ,
- 323 mg sodium ,
- 54 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 12 g pro.