Cool Tomato Pasta Salad
- Cook dried pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta. Rinse in cold water and drain again. Meanwhile cut the corn kernels off the cobs.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, corn, beef, tomatoes, 1/4 cup shredded basil, and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; toss gently coat. Serve immediately. If desired, garnish with additional basil and/or parmesan cheese.
From the Test Kitchen
Make twice as much shredded cooked beef, halved cherry tomatoes, and shredded parmesan cheese. Wrap up in a whole grain tortilla for a on-the-go burrito.
can be made ahead and stored for up to 2 days,
can use 1 cup frozen corn rather than corn on the cob,
use precooked pasta product or leftover pasta
Nutrition Facts (Cool Tomato Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 353 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 48 mg chol. ,
- 241 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.