Panko-Crusted Beef Roast with Hasselback Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Sprinkle meat with 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Brush with mustard and sprinkle with fennel seeds. Press panko onto meat.
- Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 1 3/4 to 2 hours for medium-rare (135 degrees F) or 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours for medium (150 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, halve any large potatoes; place potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of the oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp. of the garlic powder; toss to coat. Add potatoes to one side of roasting pan the last 1 hour of roasting or until tender.
- Wipe out large bowl. In bowl combine cheese, oregano, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Cut zucchini crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, cutting almost to other side.* Stuff cheese mixture between slices; drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Add zucchini to other side of roasting pan the last 30 minutes of roasting or until tender.
- Remove from oven. Cover meat with foil; let stand 15 minutes. The temperature of the meat will rise 5 degrees F to 10 degrees F during standing. Thinly slice meat. Serve with potatoes, zucchini, and Mustard Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
To prevent slicing all the way through, arrange chopsticks or wooden spoons lengthwise on opposite sides of zucchini. Cut zucchini into slices, stopping when the knife reaches the chopsticks.
- In a small bowl, combine Dijon-style mustard, reduced fat sour cream, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Facts (Panko-Crusted Beef Roast with Hasselback Zucchini)
- Per serving:
- 322 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 84 mg chol. ,
- 804 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.