Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken with Glazed Date Sauce
- Cut chicken in half horizontally. Top each half with one-fourth the cheese. Wrap pancetta around cheese; tuck ends under chicken.
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, cheese side up first, over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn; cook 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown and no pink remains in chicken. Transfer to platter; cover to keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add dates, vinegar, and water to skillet. Return to heat. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes, until sauce is thickened and dates are soft, stirring to scrape up browned bits.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
From the Test Kitchen
Wilted greens such as Napa cabbage or escarole.
Substitute blue cheese for the semi-soft cheese with garlic and fine herbs, and used dried cherries in place of dates.
Nutrition Facts (Pancetta-Wrapped Chicken with Glazed Date Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 343 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 76 mg chol. ,
- 282 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.