Recipes and Cooking Waffles 4.0 (163) 6 Reviews There's nothing like homemade waffles to kick-off weekend brunch. Use this easy waffle recipe whenever your next craving strikes. Prefer buttermilk waffles? We've got an easy tip for those, too. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins Servings: 12 Yield: Makes 12 to 16 (4-inch) waffles Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour 2 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 2 eggs 1 ¾ cup milk ½ cup cooking oil or butter, melted 1 teaspoon vanilla Directions In a medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside. In another medium bowl beat eggs slightly; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy). Pour 1 to 1 1/4 cups batter onto grids of a preheated, lightly greased waffle baker (use a regular or Belgian waffle baker). Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturers directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm. Makes 12 to 16 (4-inch) waffles Mike Dieter Buttermilk Waffles: Prepare as above, except reduce baking powder to 1 teaspoon and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Substitute 2 cups buttermilk or sour milk for the milk. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 180 Calories 11g Fat 17g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 12 Calories 180 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11g 14% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 38mg 13% Sodium 177mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 17g 6% Total Sugars 4g Protein 4g Vitamin C 0.6mg 3% Calcium 111.1mg 9% Iron 0.9mg 5% Potassium 81mg 2% Folate, total 12.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.2mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.