Pan-Seared Pork & Fried Green Tomato Salad
- Slice tenderloin crosswise in 12 slices. Slightly flatten with palm of hand. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In shallow dish, combine cornmeal, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Place beaten egg in second shallow dish. Dip tomato slices in egg, then coat in cornmeal mixture; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Cook pork for 3 minutes each side, until golden brown on outside and slightly pink inside. Transfer to platter; cover to keep warm.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Cook tomato slices for 2 to 3 minutes each side until golden, adding oil if necessary. Serve pork and tomatoes with watercress and blue cheese. Drizzle sweet and sour sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Use breadcrumbs in place of cornmeal to coat tomatoes and replace blue cheese with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Pan-Seared Pork & Fried Green Tomato Salad)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 113 mg chol. ,
- 918 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.