Pan-Seared Pork and Fried Green Tomato Salad
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices. Using your hands, slightly flatten pork slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish combine cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place egg in second shallow dish. Dip tomato slices in egg, then coat in cornmeal mixture; set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add pork to skillet; cook pork about 6 minutes or until golden brown on outside and slightly pink inside, turning once. Transfer to a serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. Add tomato slices; cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden, adding oil if necessary. Serve pork and tomatoes with watercress and blue cheese. Drizzle sweet and sour sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
For a bit more flavor punch, skip the sweet and sour sauce. Instead warm 1/3 cup red pepper jelly in a small saucepan over low heat or in the microwave and stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons cider vinegar.
Nutrition Facts (Pan-Seared Pork and Fried Green Tomato Salad)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 113 mg chol. ,
- 918 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.