Pan-Roasted Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Apples
- Remove skin from chicken. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. In a large nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet. Cook about 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once. Cook, partially covered, over medium heat about 15 minutes more until done, (at least 170 degrees F) turning once more. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, trim stems and remove any wilted outer leaves from Brussels sprouts; wash sprouts and drain well. Quarter any large Brussels sprouts and halve any small ones.
- Add Brussels sprouts to hot skillet. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add apples. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until sprouts are tender and golden, stirring occasionally. Drizzle with maple syrup; toss to coat.
- To serve, transfer Brussels sprouts and apples to a platter. Arrange chicken thighs on top. Sprinkle with thyme.
Nutrition Facts (Pan-Roasted Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Apples)
- Per serving:
- 301 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 129 mg chol. ,
- 273 mg sodium ,
- 26 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 17 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.
Cheryl60089 199 Days Ago
I haven't made this yet. Watching the video, a cup of something dark is poured on the brussel sprouts before the maple syrup. What is it?
dana_vanhove 412 Days Ago
Cooked a few strips of bacon first, did the chicken in that. Added a few splashes of balsamic with the maple. Voila! YUM! (Super easy!
sirenlorelei 1057 Days Ago
Fast, easy, lots of flavor! I'm not a big salt person but don't be too shy on the chicken as it helps make it extra flavorful with the side.
Dannielle Piersant 1123 Days Ago
Very simple and very tasty.