Orange-White Chocolate Brownies
- In a medium saucepan cook and stir white chocolate and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside.
- Stir sugar into white chocolate mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition just until combined. Stir in vanilla and orange peel. Stir in flour and pecans just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and edges start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Spread White Chocolate-Orange Frosting over cooled brownies. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut brownies out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, garnish with kumquat slices before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Place brownies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
White Chocolate-Orange Frosting
- In a small saucepan heat and stir white chocolate over low heat until melted and smooth. Set aside until lukewarm. In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and half of the powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Beat in the sour cream, orange flavoring, and the salt until combined. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar. Beat in the melted white chocolate until combined. If desired, ting frosting with orange food coloring.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-White Chocolate Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 245 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 37 mg chol. ,
- 90 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 26 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.