Orange Swirled Cheesecake
- In a small saucepan sprinkle 2 1/2 teaspoons of the gelatin over the orange juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In another small saucepan sprinkle the remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons gelatin over the milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat and stir over low heat just until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture and add it to the milk mixture, whisking until smooth; set aside. Gradually beat orange juice mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until smooth. Tint to a light orange color with the orange food coloring. Stir in the 1 teaspoon orange peel.
- Spoon half of the the orange cream cheese mixture into a 7- to 8-inch springform pan. Spoon half of the white cream cheese mixture into mounds over orange cream cheese mixture. Using a narrow, thin-bladed metal spatula or a table knife, swirl white mixture into orange mixture. Repeat layering and swirling remaining orange mixture and white mixture. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours or until set.
- To serve, using a small sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from sides of springform pan; remove sides of pan. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries and/or orange peel curls. To serve, cut cheesecake into 12 wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
If you don't have paste food coloring, you can use 4 drops yellow and 1 drop red liquid food colorings to get an orange color.
Nutrition Facts (Orange Swirled Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 126 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 85 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.