Orange-Smooched Brownie Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease thirty-six 1 3/4-inch muffin cups. Set aside. In a small bowl stir together flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until thick and light yellow in color. Beat in flour mixture just until smooth. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the 1/2 cup melted butter until combined. Drop batter by rounded teaspoons into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the centers comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer brownie bites to a wire rack and let cool.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat the 2 tablespoons butter and the orange peel with a mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of the orange juice. Beat until combined. Beat in enough of the remaining orange juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make a thick but spreadable filling. Using a small spatula, spread a thin layer of filling on tops of brownie bites.* Chill for 30 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan combine semisweet chocolate and the 1/4 cup butter. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in corn syrup. Let cool for 10 minutes. Dip tops of chilled brownie bites into the glaze. Chill about 15 minutes or until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bites in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
If desired, double the amount of filling; spoon filling into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe stars on tops of brownie bites in Step 3.
Nutrition Facts (Orange-Smooched Brownie Bites)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 22 mg chol. ,
- 45 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.